It is with heavy hearts that we have taken the difficult decision to postpone Courage on the Catwalk and Brave until further notice, in light of the developing pandemic of coronavirus Covid-19.
We are determined that this virus will not detract from the celebration that surrounds these events and the fundraising team is ready and waiting to switch on preparation and planning as soon as the green light is given.
We have taken into consideration the latest published guidance and we have been in close consultation with our clinical team in NHSG. The safety and wellbeing of our models is paramount and at the forefront of the decisions being made. We have been on the phone to each of our models this morning (Thursday March 12), as well as our sponsors and valued stakeholders and we were overwhelmed by their support and understanding.
All ticket bookers and other stakeholders have been informed and we will of course update you all, every step of the way.
A word from our charity director Sarah-Jane Hogg: “First and foremost, Courage and Brave is about celebration. Celebrating our models, celebrating the love and support of family and friends and the clinical teams. Anything that could detract or dilute that sense of celebration, joy and achievement would ultimately diminish what lies ahead for our models with this experience. With that in mind, once we get the go-ahead, we hope everyone involved in this special show weekend will come together with as much excitement and commitment to lavish love on our models when they get their right time in the spotlight.”
Ian (Sonny) Milne